I bought this Grecian style green dress for just £1 at a jumble sale
However, unfortunately it was much too big for me, so I adjusted it to fit me.
As you can see the dress was about double my size!
I discovered someone had let the dress out previously, using the added gold material at the back
I removed the gold added back piece and put darts in fit myself
I then added a zip as I had to remove the previous hook and eye fastenings
When my brother was moving out his flat-mate needed to get rid of an old desk. So I decided to up-cycle it into a dressing table!
- Sandpaper desk
- Paint white
- Glue map of London onto the drawers
- Bought a large mirror from a local charity shop
Me and my mum made these adorable mice out of patterned pieces of material
We added lavender to the stuffing so it acts as an air-freshener.
And we added cat-nip to one for our cat, Topaz!
Heart Notice Board
At a carboot sale I saw these old rusty wire frames for flower arranging for 20p. I decided to make it into a notice board.
I love how sometimes when you see just one random object you can imagine what it could be.
How to guide:
- I cut a piece of foam into the same shape as the metal wire heart and rounded off the edges.
- To create the cover I cut two hearts from material slightly larger than the heart.
- I sewed them together inside out, leaving a gap. I turned it inside out, inserted the foam and hand sewed the gap shut.
- I then attached the metal heart using a thick thread and attached a ribbon to hand it by.
- I used pins and small pegs to attach momentous